Saturday, April 11, 2009

Egg Coloring Time

So,we have come back to the blog world...Things have been full here in our world..My last post was a month ago...I can say with much faith and trust- God is Good and always present..We had testing to go through concerning Jaycee..As I type this,be reassured we know now the testing was for Steven and me...More me than anyone..If you can remember my word for the year on my first post of the new year Jan 1st--Listen..And if you remember I struggled between that word- listen and the word hear..I questioned God.Lord, "Are you sure it's Listening and not Hearing".So hence my word for the year is Listen..Long story short..Before and during Mardi Gras break,Jaycee was given several tests resulting in "Auditory Processing Dilemma"..Well they say disorder,I say dilemma.Let me say when I was first approached by one of her teacher that she(Jaycee) may have a hearing problem I started to pray and search after what God was doing and what he wanted us to do..I know he's awesome...He knows all before we do..From the beginning,during and at the end of the testing we prayed and rejoiced knowing in him we believe that all things work together for our good and his glory...After the dr's report,we sat for a week not know what "APD" really meant...With tons of friends saying,"Go on-line and research the word..Finally,after a week of praying without ceasing I went on-line to a million web sites,which web site do I pick among the millions out there.I click on the only one God had for me to see...
Learning to Listen(Auditory Processing)
Hearing and Listening...What's the difference?Hearing is the ability of the ears to take in sound. The ear's mechanics or structure is capable of responding to sound.Listening is the result of our auditory processing or how our brain processes and interprets the sounds received from the ear. In other words....our understanding.I know the test we,I went through was God reaffirming to me to stay on track with my word for the year to listen..Steven and I had just been arguing about how men and women talk to each other and we hear what the other is saying but we listen differently and the words are processed differently...Guess what????That happens with all of us,every person,man,woman,everyone..We need to focus on hearing,listening and understanding.Ask questions if you don't understanding.Slow down in life to get the whole picture.Thanks for reading my post..We have been on a incredible journey these last several weeks and it has be fulfilling to say the least...Have a Beautiful Easter..Remember how blessed we are to have a great saviour redeem us...Thank you Jesus for shedding your blood and giving your life,so we could live.. Enjoy our egg coloring


Janna

John

Jaycee

Baby Cooper came to help

Daddy colored eggs too.





post signature

1 comment:

  1. that is totally and completely awesome...just like you!
    love
    michelle kline

    ReplyDelete