Hi All--Out there in blog land...Sorry for the delay in posting... I've been talking to God about my word of the year...I have been challenged by a group of blogger friends to chose a word that will help me better myself in all areas of my life in 2009...I have my word but a short story on how I got it....Vaccuming,yes vaccuming...You know when you use the vaccum or the dryer or even the dishwasher,our kids,our cars(anything) and the sounds they make...Be it the right (correct) sounds or the wrong sounds...I was vaccuming on the 31st of Dec 2008 and the vaccum was making an awful sound.Of course,I stopped vaccuming to check it out to see what was wrong..That's when God spoke to me how we know,thru sounds or listening,that something is right or wrong...God is always talking to us to tell us if things are right or wrong...Are we LISTENING...So ,my word this year is Listen. Listen defined at Dictionary.com,to make a conscious effort to hear,to give heed ,to take advice...There was much more to the definition but you get the just of it...
1.I want to listen better when God talks to me
2.I want to listen better when I read my daily bible(Chronological Bible this year)
3.I want to listen better when Steven talks to me
4.I want to listen better when my kids talk to me
5.I want to listen better when friends talk to me
6.I want to listen better when I put worship songs on at home.
7.I want to listen better to the heart of the matter in all things.
There it is....Listen,Listen,Listen......Also to those out there doing Project 365,I have been doing mine every day.......To ring in the New Year,we hung out with friends and family...Of course,we played the Wii...Below are random pics of our New Year celebration..
I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year break at home with family...We have with it coming to an end on the 6th of Jan...The kids go back to school...Be Blessed in the New Year...
Kevin bowling
Letti Bowling

Steven bowling:sitting down

Baby Cooper

Holly and John flying

Jaycee and Cooper relaxing in the recliner

Outside doing fireworks

Staying warm by the fire with daddy

Goofy John

Sweet J

Cutting wood for our outside fireplace
FIREWORKS
FIREWORKS
FIREWORKS
FIREWORKS


Girls playing on their new car coasters...

Let's all enjoy this new beginning in 2009...Love in Christ,The Morrison

thats a very very very very very good word....and its also a lot easier said than done. But I know, With God, you will be able to do it.
ReplyDeleteLove
michelle